Wednesday 5 September 2012

first school day

Today was my first day of school....it was aweful. I normally just wanted to write about good things in here but the day was horrible! First (9.10 o'clock), I had English grade 11, I was the ONLY exchange student and that is like in Germany German in grade 11. So high vocabulary and the teacher said we were supposed to read 2 novels this year, hamlet and the catcher in the ry. I mean hello?? I whouldn't even understand in German. So I went to my Guidance counsellor and asked her to put me in a different class. Now I will try Communication instead and that should be a bit easier.

 So the next Class was Tourism what was really amazing! The only positive thing this day. The teacher is the coolest(!!), he has tatoos all over his body, travelled almost the whole world, and he's just so easy. He said, that this class will be very chilly and every friday we will watch a movie and someone should bring some cookies or something like that. He was very nice to me because I told him where I already was in the world. And then he asked me if I want to take over the class :D

The third class was socials and I was honestly about to cry!! The teacher was pretty strict, I was the only international AGAIN, they are having big exams, and and and...Terrible! She talked SO fast and the topics where mostly Canadian Identity and for example why am I proud to be a canadian? and something like that. She said to me that this would be hard for me. And they also talk about canadian government and things.

So I went to the Counsellor AGAIN to ask her if she can put me in another class. After that I had Biology. Can it be more horrible I asked myself? Yes, it can Maddy!
I totally gave up understanding every single word, like Taxonomy, Kingdom Monera, Protista and stuff. I mean what the f** is that?? And then the teacher said the thing that totally ruined my day...
We are going to disect plenty of small animals like rats :OO I was almost falling and tears were almsot pouring out! Oh my goodness honestly??

Yeah, then I walked to the counsellor AGAIN :D It was really hard but funny though! And I asked for some funny classes instead of Academics because I had NO fun stuff and as you might know I will redo the year in Germany so I have the freedom to take whatever I want especially in the first semester.

Well, luckily they put me in french immersion next semester!!! Thanks god! That will be hard but I HAVE to do it no matter what! And I want to ( challenge exceptet!)..

Soo the counsellor( who's actually reeeally nice!) trys so put me in Cooking instead of socials...and with Biology we will see tomorrow cause she tries to manage things for me...So I'm still hoping!

But the bad things weren't over yet! After school(at 3.30) two exchange student( germany, venezuela) came with me to field hockey practise , what I was about to learn but NOOO MADDY this is not for you! We figured out that this is for seniors( grade12) and that you should have experience. Yeah cool.

So know, if I want to participate in a sports team, I have to do volleyball, thats for this season the only sports with field hockey. Well other sports start in autumn or winter. Great cause I'm a zero in volleyball but I'll try it out!

Soo yeah that's it for know I'll go crying know.

Au revoir


Our hall when you enter the school

our athletics logo

xoxo Maddy

1 comment:

  1. They really should have bought a rainjacket for you, that might even protect your pillow against your tears

    ReplyDelete