Friday 4 January 2013

Awesome day in Vancouver with my girls :)

Hi guys!! :)



As I already told you, malin, Judy and I went to Vancouver today ON OUT OWN!!! :D I am just so proud of us cause we did it perfectly, we drove through the city with the sky train and with the bus and of course walked A LOT! ;) 

We left at about 6.45, and because we have had a sleepover before we were really tired! But the excitement grew as we got on the ferry in nanaimo. At about 10 o clock, we were in west Vancouver and took a bus to downtown and ten to Granville island immidiately! 
Granville island is a small art district where a lot of fabrics and stores are. It was so pretty there!!!








 

We went Ito a big hall, where you could buy food from all over the world! It was just like the "markthalle" in Hannover ;) 

Sooooo and guess what happened then!? Well, first I gotta tell you tht my moms cousin jürgen lives in Vancouver and works there as a gold and silver smith. She visited him 20 years ago but I've never met him before! So I googled  a couple of weeks ago and found out that he has a small store on Granville island. I just HAD to get to know him! 
So we did it! We found the store and went in, and he looks just like my grandfather so I recognized him immidiately! And after I told him who I was, he said that I look exactly like my mom! 

Yeeeah he was so happy to see me, we changed addresses and numbers and he gave all of us an old Canadian coin for a neglace, we will use it as a lucky charm aaaand a friendship thing!! :) 












from the ferry


 
He was so nice and funny cause he had the best German accent, he mixes English and German that was so hilarious :) anyways, he invited me to visit him again! 

Afterwards, we went back to downtown and tool the skytrain to Stanley park, which is the most famous sight here! It is such a pretty park and we took AMAZING PICTURES!!!! As soon as my laptop comes back I will upload them, it's worth to look at them!!! 
We had some lovely views at the skylineand the ocean, we've been to the beach, had a shooting near the harbor and so on!!! :) it was just awesome!! This city is really one of the neatest places I've ever been and I've already seen a lot from te world!










































No comments:

Post a Comment