Friday 9 November 2012

Remembrance Day

So guys I'm back :D the last days were not that exciting, I had Ballet, went to Downtown with friends and yeah...thats it :)
But today in the morning, I had to go to school early, at about 8.30, okay honestly, I'm spoiled ;D
In Germany, I always had to be at school by 8 o clock ! And here, school starts at 9.10!
O well, so today was different cause we had choir practise for our performance later on.
national anthem (sung by my firend Megan *-*)

ms riley, my choir coach :)

this symbol is called Poppy :)
So for all of you who have never heard of remembrance day at all, it's kind of self explaining, you remember the canadian soldiers who died in the wars ( WW1 and 2 i think). Actually it's on November 11 at 11 o'clock, thats on sunday. So we had an assembly in the gym today, and for the FIRST time, I felt like a real candian!
 It was so emotional and so amazing! The 1000 students were just sitting there in silence, listening. We sang the national Anthem, what was really awesome!! :)
Luckily, I took my camera with me and recorded it *-*
yeah...and as you may know, my school is named after a candian peacekeeper, Mark Isfeld, so we had a couple of "praises" for him. Then, our choir performed Halleluja and it was breathtaking! :)
Honestly, it never sounded so great!!! :)

So this assembly was awesome!

In the evening, Kierra and I walked the dogs and now we're hanging out in my room and she's playing on her Ipod :D she's so cute i love her :))

And on sunday, we'll have the big remembrance day ceremony and our choir will perform again :D this time in Downtown Courtenay!

Oh well, See ya guys xoxo Maddy

By the way, we got our field hockey jackets, with my last name at the back *-*


No comments:

Post a Comment